Sunday, August 8, 2010

Randy Houser covers Simple Man

I enjoy Randy Houser new cover of Simple Man, It’s been one of my favorite songs for many years now. I first heard the song by Lynyrd Skynyrd when a DJ at a club I was working at suggested it would be a great song to dance to. After a listen in the booth, I decided to give it a try. I danced a few sets the first week and it was a hit. Tips doubled when I was on the stage. I knew for some reason people related to the song.

I picked up some cowboy boots and chaps, add a cowboy hat and used the song in my floor show. The show took off from there. People responded like  crazy. I did two floor show a night for six months and they would pack in to see the show. Guys would come back and bring their friends the next night.

It was magic the right girl and the right song. I could hit the zone when the first few notes played. The tips would just keep rolling in. I rode that pony until it lost it’s luster, but I still carry the outfit just in case. From time to time I still do that routine.

 

 

 

Sweet Home Alabama: The Country Music Tribute To Lynyrd Skynyrd

That may be why I was so excited when I found out Randy Houser covered the song. Who knows if it takes off, I might get to put the routine in a every day set again. Well I don’t dance during the week any more, but five sets on the weekend would be nice.

You can get the album here: Sweet Home Alabama: The Country Music Tribute To Lynyrd Skynyrd. You’ll enjoy the album the song are great and a nice tribute.

Kisses,

Jen

No comments: